St. Louis is known as the Gateway to the West, but during our recent trip to the city, we discovered that its also the gateway to a fun-filled weekend for all ages! While this was my first trip visiting St. Louis as part of a “young couple,” I have to mention that I visited this city a lot as a child as I come from a family of Cardinals fans, so this trip was a great opportunity to experience the city from a totally different perspective!
As I was going through the list of possible agenda items, I decided to focus on fun excursions that would be both fun and maybe a tad romantic. So here are Top 5 trip ideas for young couples who are visiting St. Louis.
St. Louis: Top 5 Trip Ideas for Young Couples
- St. Louis Cardinals Game: Nothing says romance like a baseball game? Well, maybe a visit to Busch Stadium might not be the coziest of dates, but you can definitely have a one-of-a-kind experience together as a couple if you sign up for their stadium tour! While sharing a beer and a hot dog is a solid “relationship goal” if you ask me, you can impress your significant other even more with the VIP tour that takes you through the most exclusive parts of the stadium including the dug out! We had a blast!
- The City Museum: Don’t let the word “museum” scare you off, this is a fully interactive experience and great for all ages. Housed in the 600,000 square-foot former International Shoe Company, the museum is an eclectic mixture of children’s playground, funhouse, surrealistic pavilion, and architectural marvel made out of unique, found objects. So take some stretchy pants and sneakers and get ready to crawl, slide and squeeze your way through this museum. TIP: During certain months, they are actually open until midnight on the weekends, which is the ideal time for young couples because the youngsters start going to bed which leaves more fun for the adults to explore.
- Top of the Gateway Arch: Besides get up-close-and-personal when you board the “space pod” contraption that takes you to the top of the arch, this is a breathtaking experience any couple can enjoy. TIP: During the busy seasons, make sure you go online to book your tour in advance, as they do tend to fill up quickly!
- Budweiser BeerMaster Tour: One of the perks of visiting this city again now that I’m 21+, I can actually enjoy all of the beer that this city has to offer! While St. Louis boasts a variety of breweries, we wanted to visit the King of them all…the Budweiser brewery! We went for the Beer Master tour which was an awesome experience that takes you through every stage of the brewing process, we even got to taste some beer right out of the barrel! Plus, they give you a hat and a nice glass to take home as a souvenir.
- Sweets at Ted Drewes’: What’s a better way to celebrate your sweet love than with some sweets, right? Ted Drewes’ is THE place to go get frozen custard (don’t mess up and call it ice cream!) in St. Louis and worth every calorie! Tip: The concretes are HUGE! Unless you want to load up on a mass amount of custard, the small is more than enough!
Also, since the number one question I get about my trips are about WHERE to stay, I will mention that we stayed at the Holiday Inn at the Convention Center in downtown St. Louis. We were really impressed by the great service at the hotel and it is also conveniently located just a few blocks from their metro-rail which we used to get around town a bit. They do charge for parking, so keep that in mind as you plan!
Going through all these photos and thinking about all the fun that we had is making me want to plan another trip to St. Louis already! It really is a fun city with tons to offer for every age range, interest, and within all budgets. If you are considering a vacation to this city, make sure you also take advantage of all the great information that Explore St. Louis can offer you, they were a GREAT help as we were planning our adventure!