After living in Miami for over 5 years and exploring my fair share of bars/dance clubs, I can say with total confidence that Barú Latin is a “must-go” place for a night of dancing and latin music. I can’t even express my panic when the location in Brickell was closed for a few months, before it re-opened in the heart of Mary Brickell village – and I’m happy to report that this new location only adds to the experience!
Since Barú has been my go-to place for several years now, I’m going to break down for you the 5 reasons why you should check it out:
- Amazing Ambiance: For me, the outdoor sitting area is the main attraction and the reason I love a night out at Barú! Even though Miami’s hot weather can be pretty gruesome, Barú has seemed to find a way to keep the air moving in their patio, so it really doesn’t feel that hot (well, except if you are breaking it down on the dance floor all night, that’s on you!). Looking around you can see that both tourists and locals enjoy being outside and escaping the usual “Miami club scene” with a more relaxed setting.
- Buena Música: A live DJ offers a mix of salsa, merengue, bachata and vallenato classics, top 40 both in English and Spanish as well as hip hop – add to that the occasional electronic track, and that means no matter what your party style is, Baru Latin Bar has you covered! Make sure to check their Instagram because they have special events and guests throughout the week.
- Drink Specials: While you are on their Instagram page, make sure you also check out their drinks specials, which are actually especially great during week days, including a daily happy hour with half priced drinks. Bottle services are definitely amongst the most affordable in Miami and just like with the rest of the drinks’ menu, they have specials during the week so you can party like a rock star.
- Awesome for Groups: From past experience, Barú is also a great place to plan your next celebration. They are super easy to coordinate with and are happy to accommodate groups…like with most places, just make sure to plan your reservation in advance and they will take care of the rest!
- No Cover before midnight: I pretty much refuse to go anywhere with a cover, so I love that Barú offers no cover before midnight for everybody, unless they have a special event. You should note that after 12:00 am there’s a $20 cover for the guys.
So if you are looking for your next favorite hot spot as a local, or a visitor trying to get a real “Miami” experience – you should defintely check out Barú in Brickell. And hey, you never know, you might run into my breaking it down on the dance floor!