Beau Wine Tours: Napa Valley Tour Review
If you’ve made your way to this page, its most likely because you are in the process of planning a trip to Napa Valley and are looking through the options of wine tours. First off, GREAT decision! My recent trip to Napa Valley has been one of my favorite vacations EVER and while there is plenty of research and planning required, the experience more than makes up for all the prep work! During our 4 day trip to the Napa area, we were able to snag an opportunity to join one of the group tours with Beau Wine Tours.
To be 100% honest, I was a little intimidated by the serious tone and imagery on their website; thinking that it might not be the best fit for us…a young couple who are beginner wine drinkers, mainly looking for an over-all pleasant experience versus a more formal sommelier training session. However, I was totally mistaken! What was so amazing about Beau Tours was that they combine the luxurious…with the pretty much whatever vibe fits you best! Before we even started the tour, I received a call from our tour guide who asked me a few questions in order to determine the best possible experience for us.
There are so many amazing highlights from our Napa day tour with Beau, but I’ve picked my 5 most memorable elements of this tour company that might help you while planning your trip!
- The luxurious van…with the bubbly perks: Not that you spend crazy amounts of time in this van, but I can guarantee you that when you see this baby pull up in front of your hotel, it will put a smile on your face! We were the first pick-up of the day, but we were greeted with bottles of bubbly (and water of course), already chilled!
- Informed and friendly tour guide: Our tour guide, Jay, totally made our experience a special one! He is extremely knowledgeable, but shared that information in an unpretentious way…which made us feel at ease. While we loved the group experience, we will definitely be reaching out to him again on our next trip to the area for one of his private, Cadillac tours so that we can learn even more!
- Door-to-door service: Depending where you are staying, this can be a major perk or unimportant. We were staying rather far north in the valley, but Jay was still kind enough to pick us up in the morning and drop us off at the end of the day. Other tours would have asked us to drive closer in to Napa…meaning we were stuck driving our car back to the hotel after a long day of drinking. Helpful tip: there aren’t very many Ubers in this area, so don’t think you can count on them!
- Tasty lunch: I was highly impressed by our “picnic” lunch that was provided for us during the day. Honestly, I wasn’t expecting much, but the food hit the spot and was very tasty! Definitely an added bonus since we had been drinking all morning and needed something in our stomach!
- Fun surprises: Finally, while Beau prides themselves in the knowledge and professionalism of their guides…don’t think that you won’t have tons of fun! During our tour, the guide found out that my boyfriend’s birthday was coming up soon and during one of our stops, decorating the van and passed around a glass so everyone could sing to him! It was such a lovely surprise that really made our day special.
Hopefully this helps you a bit as you are exploring the options of wine tours in Napa Valley. If you don’t want to take my word for it, just check out all the happy customers on their Trip Advisor page…everyone seems to agree with me also!
Of course, if you have any specific questions about my experience, don’t hesitate to send me a tweet to @TravelBlogueras.